COVID-19 SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES
APRIL 3, 2020
There is nothing more important than the safety of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. Maintaining safe working environments is only one facet of that responsibility. Financial health for small businesses is critical as well.
Navigating the key components of the three Federal stimulus packages signed into law last week is a challenging task. These links direct you towards resources we have found invaluable at this time:
- Small Business Loans and Grants.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Emergency Sick Leave and Medical Leave
- Unemployment Provisions
- Employee Retention Credit.
- Delay of Employer-Paid Payroll Tax Payments
- Single Family Mortgage Relief
- Multifamily Mortgage Forbearance
Additionally, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) has excellent resources to Protect Your Business.
Finally, the Baker Administration has COVID-19 guidelines for all public construction sites, outlining the essential safety requirements in place wherever you find state workers or state projects.
Please, consult your banker and accountant for additional information.
From our small business to yours – stay safe, and stay healthy.
HOW TO SHOP AT KOOPMAN
MARCH 30, 2020
- 1. Stores are currently open! Store hours may change – click here for the most current hours.
- 2. Buy Online: shopkoopman.com has MOST of our IN-STORE items available with quantities updated hourly. You pay online with credit card and pickup in store or curbside. For curbside, simply pull up to one of the designated parking spots and dial the number on your receipt. We’ll bring your order out.
- 3. Call in – secure online payment: We’re available to assist on the phone. We can take your order over the phone and send you a secure payment link that automatically posts to your order in our system. Then you can pick up your order – in store or curbside.
- 4. Please watch our locations page for most current hours. Currently, most locations are open 7-3 Mon-Sat.
MARCH 30, 2020
Following current government guidance that we are an essential business, Koopman Lumber will remain open and operational until further notice. The contractors we serve have also been deemed an essential service, so we continue to deliver to job sites as well. The safety of our staff and customers are of utmost importance. We are encouraging social distancing in stores and sanitizing all contact areas frequently. We have also launched shopkoopman.com and secure payment link to enable contact-free curbside pickup.
Update to Koopman Lumber Operations
MARCH 23, 2020
WE ARE STAYING OPEN! Koopman Lumber & Hardware is exempt from Governor Baker's shutdown of non-essential businesses on March 23, 2020. CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED STORE HOURS In addition, builders are considered essential. You can download a copy of the Governor's document regarding essential businesses below. From page 8: "Construction Workers who support the construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of construction sites and construction projects (including housing construction)" - this means TOMORROW'S CLOSURE OF NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES DOES NOT INCLUDE CONSTRUCTION SITES!
An Important Message From Koopman Lumber Concerning COVID-19
MARCH 19, 2020
As our nation confronts the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain extremely grateful to the communities we serve. Our team members who continue to deliver materials, take orders, mix paint, and stock shelves are doing a fantastic job. Our customers have been fantastic as well.
WE ARE OPEN! To date, we have been able to meet all demand for products we have. We continue to get many shipments each day at our locations.
Among the many actions in place are the following:
- Deliveries of building materials continue. Drivers are taking precautions for cleaning and sanitizing between locations. Please keep us posted if you need to make adjustments to your loads as situations develop.
- We are hearing of town offices doing a great job working with contractors to keep permitting moving even if the office is closed to the public and contractors are getting creative about separating work crews to keep everyone safe. Be sure to reach out to your local departments to see what they are doing to safely help the contractor.
- Our seven stores continue in full operation. We are typically cleaning cashier areas between each customer in addition to other aggressive sanitizing efforts and observing social distancing. Store hours are being adjusted as needed. Please check the website or google listing for location hours for the week.
- We continue to monitor all official government actions and declarations and respond accordingly.
- We are confident in our designation as an essential service to the community, so we expect to stay open throughout this crisis.
- Our online store should be live this weekend with most of our in-store inventory available for Buy Online Pickup in Store. If you would like your purchase brought to your vehicle, simply call the store upon arrival and we’re happy to bring your order outside. Call in for any building material or paint needs.
- No cases of Coronavirus are confirmed among our staff or their households at this time. Any staff who exhibits symptoms, has a suspected exposure, or has traveled recently is staying away from work. The safety of our staff and customers remains our highest priority.
- Thanks to our system upgrade last year, we have been able to have as many staff as possible work from home and still offer excellent service to our customers.
- We have many orders outstanding with many different suppliers to continue to meet your needs. We have excellent partnerships in our supply chains and everyone is working very hard to keep us in stock.
Please reach out to us if there’s anything we can do to help you. We are here to serve. We are confident we will emerge stronger on the other side and sincerely appreciate the emergence of communities coming together to make sure everyone is taken care of.
Dirk Koopman | Denise Brookhouse | Tony Brookhouse